Silk is well known as a luxurious fabric and has a long and rich history dating back to ancient China. Legend has it that the discovery of silk was accidental, when a Chinese Empress was drinking tea in her garden and a cocoon fell into her cup, unraveling into a long, fine fiber. Impressed by the beauty and strength of the fiber, she began cultivating silkworms for their cocoons, and the rest is history.
Today, silk remains one of the most sought-after fabrics in the world, prized for its softness, shine, and durability. The knowledge and technique for production is a profession often handed down from generation to generation - and in line with this heritage, suppliers of the DEA KUDIBAL silk have many years of experience producing premium quality silk.
The DEA KUDIBAL signature silk
The DEA KUDIBAL signature silk is a blend of the luxurious mulberry silk and 8-10% elastane for the premium wear and feel that comes with a stretch silk.
Mulberry silk is a type of silk obtained from the cocoons of mulberry silkworms. The unique detail is, that the worms are fed exclusively with leaves from the mulberry tree, which leads to silk strands that are extremely long, strong and pure in colour. Mulberry silk is widely considered to be the highest quality of silk due to its smooth, soft, and lustrous texture - this is why we use mulberry silk as the key element of our DEA KUDIBAL signature silk.
When designing the DEA KUDIBAL silk selections, our design team has a need for different fabric features depending on the specific styles. They choose between three different weaves:
STRETCH SILK SATIN - An atlas weave, which is known for having a shiny and a matt fabric side. The weave is very fine and recognised by the perfectly soft and smooth surface.
STRETCH SILK TWILL - A structured weave that leaves a slight texture to the smooth surface. The twill weave is highly durable and - like the satin weave - resistant to creases.
STRETCH SILK GEORGETTE - A lightweight crepe style weave with a semi-sheer and matt finish. The georgette weave is known for its soft texture and delicate draping qualities.
The weave for each DEA KUDIBAL silk style is always carefully selected to fit the desired look and feel perfectly.
How to care for your silk clothing
Silk is among the most beautiful and luxurious fabrics available and it has been a key part of the DEA KUDIBAL DNA since the very beginning.
We experience that many people consider silk a very delicate fabric that can be a challenge to clean - however, washing machines have improved a lot over the years, so if you follow the right instructions you can easily wash your silk in a machine as an alternative to hand wash or dry cleaning.
We would like to give you some tips and tricks on how to wash your DEA KUDIBAL silk clothing, but before we start it is important to point out, that when in doubt you should always ask your cleaner for advice.
- Always read your care label before washing your silk clothing. You can wash most of our silk pieces in a machine as long as you follow the correct steps and precautions - even though the care label recommends dry cleaning. It is important to mention that you should never spot-treat your silk. - Always bring these garments to your local dry cleaner.
- Choose a silk program on your machine. The temperature should be 30° C to avoid any damage to the silk.
- Place the silk in a laundry bag so the silk does not snag on the machine drum.
- Use a gentle silk detergent - we recommend a classic silk wash. Follow the directions on the label.
- Never tumble dry your silk. Let it hang to dry on a padded hanger or leave it to dry flat on a towel.
- Most of our silk styles can be ironed at low heat, but please make sure to follow the care label instructions.
We hope that this guide can be helpful and make you confidant when washing your DEA KUDIBAL silk items. If you have further questions or comments you are always more than welcome to contact us at email@example.com.