How to care for your silk clothing
Silk is among the most beautiful and luxurious fabrics available and it has been a key part of the DEA KUDIBAL DNA since the very beginning.
We experience that many people consider silk a very delicate fabric that can be a challenge to clean - however, washing machines have improved a lot over the years, so if you follow the right instructions you can easily wash your silk in a machine as an alternative to hand wash or dry cleaning.
We would like to give you some tips and tricks on how to wash your DEA KUDIBAL silk clothing, but before we start it is important to point out, that when in doubt you should always ask your cleaner for advice.
- Always read your care label before washing your silk clothing. You can wash most of our silk pieces in a machine as long as you follow the correct steps and precautions - even though the care label recommends dry cleaning. It is important to mention that you should never spot-treat your silk. - Always bring these garments to your local dry cleaner.
- Choose a silk program on your machine. The temperature should be 30° C to avoid any damage to the silk.
- Place the silk in a laundry bag so the silk does not snag on the machine drum.
- Use a gentle silk detergent - we recommend a classic silk wash. Follow the directions on the label.
- Never tumble dry your silk. Let it hang to dry on a padded hanger or leave it to dry flat on a towel.
- Most of our silk styles can be ironed at low heat, but please make sure to follow the care label instructions.
We hope that this guide can be helpful and make you confidant when washing your DEA KUDIBAL silk items. If you have further questions or comments you are always more than welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.